LEARN MORE ABOUT PROGRAMS FOR EXCEPTIONAL PEOPLE
Welcome to Programs for Exceptional People (PEP). A non-profit organization celebrating its 25th anniversary where people with developmental, physical and intellectual disabilities enhance their lives through socialization, literacy and vocational training. A place where individuals thrive, also teaching those with whom they interact. A place where hate does not exist. A place where the mind, spirit and body receive individual attention, empowering their uniqueness and enhancing their beauty. A place where a smile connects the world to the beautiful heart and soul of a person. This is PEP. If you are looking for a place to TRUST your loved one to – PEP is the place. Our staff of loving and caring individuals have devoted their lives to the happiness and wellbeing of our members.
We provide help to adults with a broad spectrum of intellectual, physical and developmental disabilities. These include, but are not limited to, people with Autism, Down Syndrome, Muscular Dystrophy, Cerebral palsy, Seizures, Multiple Sclerosis, and Cognitive Impairment.
Who are our Members?
- Their ages are from 18 and older.
- Families have moved from many other states and some have retired to our area so their family member can enjoy PEP.
- Some are mobile on their own, some mobile with assistance.
- They love art, fitness, reading, math & science, games, puzzles, physical activity, landscaping, field trips, movies, working, independence, birthdays, parties, holidays and new adventures.
- They are eager to make friends, and sympathetic to sadness and loss.
- They are responsive or comforted by the kind presence of peer or staff member when navigating change.
- They are eager to embrace life skills promoting independence.
PEP In The News